Thank you to Emma for nominating this angry little blog for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Emma, we’re walking such similar paths — and I hope that I am handling things with as much grace and compassion as you. No one deserves to be in the situation we’ve found ourselves in, but we’re figuring it out.
This particular nomination includes some rules. Here they are.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and display the award on your post.
2. List the award rules.
3. State 7 random things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them.
6. Proudly display the award logo on your blog either on a side bar, about page or a special award page.
Ready for 7 random things about me?
1. I’m a really fast reader — a typically read about two books a week.
2. I love NPR. It’s the only thing I listen to in my car and I swear I’ve become a much better citizen of humanity because of it.
3. I’m an identical twin.
4. I’m an outgoing introvert — which means that while I may appear to be the life of the party, I have to be alone after a while to recharge.
5. I am 31 years old and cannot drive a stick.
6. I once game myself a “chemical haircut” — which means I damaged my hair so badly that it literally broke off.
7. My husband is the only man I’ve ever told “I love you”
Now, to nominate a blogger who has inspired me. There are several, but I think I’ll go with The Cerebral Spouse. I’m grateful for a male perspective to this awful journey, and I also feel like he approaches infidelity in much the same way I do — no, it’s not my fault that this happened but let’s fix the deficiencies that made an affair seem like an appealing alternative in the first place. His blog gives me hope — and I’m anxiously waiting a new post!!